TO DISMANTLE AND RE-CONSTRUCT RANGER STATION AT MIDDLE CAYE WITHIN THE GLOVER'S REEF MARINE RESERVE
Submission of Bids
Project Tile: Targeted Investment Fund – Improving the Management of Marine Reserve Network, and Transition Investment Fund – Second Phase-Improving the Management of Marine Reserve Network
Funded by: Protected Areas Conservation Trust (PACT)
Basic Concept: Its objective is to strengthen the management of four key Marine Reserve by equipping them with the tools needed for effective management and to conserve fisheries/marine resources.
To dismantle and re-construct ranger station at Middle Caye within the Glover’s Reef Marine Reserve.
– To dismantle existing framing at Middle Caye, Glover’s Reef Marine Reserve
– To re-construct a 35 feet x 36 feet wooden bungalow building at Middle Caye, Glover’s Reef Marine Reserve
The following requirements must be met by the contractor:
-Provide Bill of Quantity (BOQ) based on Blueprints prepared by the Ministry of Infrastructure Development and Housing.
-Ensure compliance with all environmental laws.
-Provide a timeline for completion of the project.
-Provide all necessary tools, materials, workmanship, labor, and transportation for the performance of the works as per approved building design and specification.
Qualification and Experience:
Interested eligible bidders must meet the following criteria to be selected:
- At least 5 years’ experience in the construction
- Must provide proof of experience in similar assignments and availability of appropriate skills among staff.
- Equipment and expertise to conduct the works required.
- Be in possession of a valid certified contractors’ license.
- Knowledge of Belize’s environmental, health and safety regulations with regards to construction.
- Knowledge of the area
Technical and Financial Offer
Interested applicants should submit an offer no later than Friday, July 28th, at 3:00pm. The proposal should be addressed to the following:
Mr. Rigoberto Quintana
Acting Fisheries Administrator
Belize Fisheries Department
Princess Margaret Drive
P.O Box 148
Belize City, Belize